* conforms to jail construction standards
* improves security for the public, corrections staff, and courthouse employees by providing interior connection to the courthouse
* provides flexibility for classification and separation of inmates
* more controlled and observable movement paths (safety)
* cost-effective for construction, efficiency, and operations
Houghton Jail Preliminary Addition Floor 1
Houghton Jail Preliminary Addition Floor 2
.... HOUGHTON COUNTY FACILITIES/JAIL, COURTHOUSE, SHERIFF'S OFFICE LEAGUE POLICY The League of Women Voters of the Copper Country supports the construction of a new Houghton County Jail building (to replace the facility in existence as of 04/2007) with adequate facilities for functional, cost and energy efficient, secure operation in compliance with State Administrative Rule requirements, as set forth in the Rules for Jails, Lockups and Security Camps. LWVCC supports comprehensive planning to include the needs of the offices housed in the historic Courthouse, including Administrative offices, the Courts and also the administrative offices of the Sherriff's department as well as the Jail.
The presentation will focus on Michigan and on the recent Supreme Court decision on redistricting in Arizona. A documentary film on Gerrymandering, the current state of redistricting and its impact on voters will be presented and discussed.
The Library is located at 58 Huron St in Houghton. Light refreshments will be provided. For additional information, you can contact Mary Marchaterre at email@example.com or 906-483-2291.