"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
January Planning Meeting
Our January Planning Meeting will be a dinner meeting, to be held Tuesday, January 29th at 5pm at the Kangas Cafe in the Jutila Center (the old Hospital) in room 311, Hancock.
In preparation for our local Annual Meeting in April, any ideas for local programs or speakers should be brought up at this time.
Please RSVP by Friday, January 25th to Mary Marchaterre, email@example.com or 483-2291 with your menu entree choice of: Cheesy Meatloaf or Veggie Lasagna. The cost is $18.00 for the meal, which includes: Salad, Roll, Dressings, Dessert, and Beverages: Coffee, Tea, Lemonade, and Gratuity. Unfortunately, "No shows" will still be expected to pay for their dinner and will be billed by the LWVCC, as we will be committed to covering the number we have reserved.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members. All meetings and events are open to the public.
Newsletter Learn More
- The Copper Country Voter is published about 8 times a year.
Reliable Sources for Fact Checking Learn More
- Need some help sorting through the political ads and scare stories during this election season and beyond? Here are some reliable sources that sift through the hype and fabrications for us.
Ballot Proposals for Your Area Learn More
- Where to Register or see your ballot
Voter Guides Learn More
- Voter guides
Local Media Coverage Learn More
- Local media coverage
Report to the Community Learn More
- Report to the Community is a highlight of previous year's activities and planned activities for next year.
Positions Learn More
- Positions of the LWV of the Copper Country, the state of Michigan and National.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Photos Learn More
- Photos of events and members of the LWV of the Copper Country
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?