"Democracy is not a spectator sport." by Lotte Scharfman LWV of Massachusetts
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
90th Anniversary of the 19th amendment that gave women the right to vote!
Our summer Board meeting is August 18th. It is a potluck that starts at 5pm at Mary Marchaterre's house. It is open to everyone. If you would like to attend and need more information, call Mary at 483-2291.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
Newsletter Learn More
- The Copper Country Voter is published about 8 times a year.
Ballot Proposals for Your Area Learn More
- Where to Register or see your ballot
Voter Guides Learn More
- Voter guides
Local Media Coverage Learn More
- Local media coverage
Report to the Community Learn More
- Report to the Community is a highlight of previous year's activities and planned activities for next year.
Positions Learn More
- Positions of the LWV of the Copper Country, the state of Michigan and National.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Photos Learn More
- Photos of events and members of the LWV of the Copper Country
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Support the League through a Donation Learn More
- We rely on dues and donations to support our programs. If you would like to help us, please print out this page and fill it in. Mail it with your check to: