"All Contributions by corporations to any political committee or for any political purpose should be forbidden by law." President Theodore Roosevelt in 1905
Dec. 03 at Finnish American Heritage Center from noon to 1pm
An Update on Money in Politics (MIP) Educational Meeting Event Flyer
The Money in Politics Committee will conduct an update of the League's position on campaign finance for the purpose of addressing the lack of member understanding and agreement as to whether financing a political campaign is protected speech under the First Amendment. The campaign finance position will be updated through a study and consensus process to consider: (1) the rights of individuals and organizations, under the First Amendment, to express their political views through independent expenditures and the finance of election campaign activities; and (2) how those rights, if any, should be protected and reconciled with the interests set out in the current position.
For additional information:
"Where can I look up Campaign Finance information?" powerpoint
Consensus questions can be found at: http://forum.lwv.org/member-resources/article/money-politics-consensus-questions-links-background-papers
Constitution Study Guide and Answers
Full Guide with answers
Reliable Sources for Fact Checking Learn More
- Need some help sorting through the political ads and scare stories during this election season and beyond? Here are some reliable sources that sift through the hype and fabrications for us.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
Newsletter Learn More
- The Copper Country Voter is published about 8 times a year.
Ballot Proposals for Your Area Learn More
- Where to Register or see your ballot
Voter Guides Learn More
- Voter guides
Local Media Coverage Learn More
- Local media coverage
Report to the Community Learn More
- Report to the Community is a highlight of previous year's activities and planned activities for next year.
Positions Learn More
- Positions of the LWV of the Copper Country, the state of Michigan and National.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Photos Learn More
- Photos of events and members of the LWV of the Copper Country
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Support the League through a Donation Learn More
- We rely on dues and donations to support our programs. If you would like to help us, please print out this page and fill it in. Mail it with your check to: